Much has happened to persevere this year:
1. Dakota's health after his accident, the tic that he developed and mysteriously went away after a few months. He got mono in March and had a terrible track season because of it.
2. The changes in motherhood, knowing that I'd have to let Dakota go into young adulthood and make life altering decisions with a brain that is not developed and pray that the Lord with
3. Going to colleges to help decide where Dakota should plan for his future.
4. Realizing that no matter what we taught our son, he has the agency to make choices that are contrary to all things that we have taught and to know Heavenly Father loves him anyhow. To know the atonement works for my son just as it does for me.
5. Our daughter had her first date.
6. At work we reconfigured and all the growing pains that comes with getting to know new colleagues.
7. Having a student who requires more than is humanly possible to give, and learning to love him anyway.
8. Grandma Steigerwalt passed away.
9. Kayla learning how to drive.
10. Multiple car repairs and learning that tithing was behind.
Much has happened to endure as well.
When I find myself persevering enduring is just a by product. I added the disclaimer of doing it cheerfully. Hmmm. That my friends is my greatest weakness. I find myself coming up short on that goal and realistically think that is my life-long battle. I will also make this a goal in 2013, and it will most likely be a goal for my entire life. Depression is common in my family, grumpy dispositions, as well as supreme pessimism is frequent. I have a lot to overcome and persevere through.
There were so many happy moments too.
We had the best vacations this year. We enjoyed Charleston, SC with our dearest friends the Eichhorns. We went to our favorite destination of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and on to be with family in Minnesota. We lived through senior day with Kota during soccer season. We had many family outings seeing various movies and eating a various restaurants. Kyle and Kayla have a great way of bring laughter and warmth to our home that I love beyond measure. We have to crazy fat cats that although can be irritating will curl up on your lap can purr can only make you smile.
I have endured and persevered and I have come out a better person than in 2011. I have not completed my journey in these areas, but have made strides along the way. I will continue to do so in 2013.