Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We like to put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving, and this year wasn't any different.  We had the tradition for several years of going to Grandma Beninghof's house to cut a tree, but we're unable this year because she had to cut them all down this past summer.  Her land is in a government program to not farm or to let reforestication.  So we had to find a new place to get a tree.  This year we bought a tree from TSC in town.  We got a beautiful Frasier Fur for $20.


You know this is just about my favorite tree we've decorated.  We started decorating with the kids who both had to be some where else.  We ended up decorating on our own.  I think it turned out great.  It's amazing how each tree we decorate turns out so different, but we have the same old decorations.  The one the kids complain about the most is the angel on top of the tree.

I love that angel.  I remember where Kyle and I got it.  We were on our honeymoon in Asheville, NC visiting the Biltmore Estates. We went into the Christmas shop there just to browse and Kyle pointed her out to me.  We bought her.  Each year I unwrap her, I remember that beautiful day in NC and how much fun we had that day at the beginning of our marriage.  I still think she's beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. It sure does look like you got a good one. We need a close-up of the angel though, just to make sure. The Biltmore is beautiful. Not sure which I'd rather have in my home: the swimming pool or the bowling alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great. Young people don't quite understand our love for the past years in our life. I know my children don't. But I think as they get older they will eventually "get it". Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Christmas Shop at the Biltmore, too. Been a few times and I am never disappointed. Your tree is lovely! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you did the lights. So cute and kinda old-fashioned in a way I like.

    =)

    ReplyDelete