Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, December 30, 2013

More Like Him December Update

So where have I been this year?  I have learned to take on some attributes of the Savior that a year ago I would not have thought possible.  I started with service and ended with patience.  I knew this would not be a perfection goal, but I did learn some things.

1.  How to swallow anger and not react in emotion.  I don't always succeed, but I am better.  This has helped my relationship with my son.  His absence made this a lot easier.  Someday he might take on this goal, that would be amazing.

2.  Waiting on the Lord's timeframe, even if the answer to prayers did not come to pass yet.  Like getting a principal position or additional callings at church.  It is interesting when what I thought was revelation or answer to prayers being yes, did not come to fruition.  Or at least have not come to fruition yet.

3.  Remembering to pray when things are difficult, much soon.  Instead of floundering for days, weeks, or months without asking for divine intervention.  Sometime the intervention is the trial is removed, but this year, instead of having the trial removed I was strengthen or given peace and comfort.

I am going to continue with the goal to develop Christ-like attributes for 2014.  This year's focus is two-fold to make my body a temple by eating more healthy and adding more exercise.  I'm not attaching a pound amount to lose.  I just want to feel better physically.  The second fold is to live up to the 2014 youth theme with my daughter.  "Come unto Christ, and be perfected in him and deny yourselves of all ungodliness," Moroni 10:32.

One thing for sure is this is a process because as I learned "perfection is pending."

2 comments:

  1. You're simply amazing. I miss you! I also want to steal your "perfection is pending" :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good on your goals and I enjoyed your talk too. I was feeling really under the weather but didn't want to miss church...your talk made me glad I came out! I wish you and your family much good luck and success in 2014. You'll achieve anything you put your mind too! I 'm trying the "good health" goal too...wish me luck! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete