Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Chicken Wars

 It all started with this cement chicken statue.  Several years ago, Kyle showed me a hen just like this at the Town and Country store.  Around mother's day they have several lawn statues to choose from.  I liked it, but wanted to think about the price.  Well, when we went back it was gone.  So every year afterward for about 2-3 years I went looking for this chicken.  Kayla thought his was funny, so where ever we were she would point out chickens to me.  I told her (over and over) that I wasn't collecting chickens, I just wanted the cement one.  The more I told , the more chickens were pointed out.

Hence, the chicken war.  So, to one up Kayla, I bought her a T-shirt with a chicken and a kitchen towel for her bridal shower.  I guess you could say, I poked the bear.  I brought with me a chicken the first time Kyle and I spent the week at Kayla's.  Well, maybe I brought 2.  Anyhow, she has gone all out and bought several chickens.  She hides them all over my house when she visits.  She even left one in my office when they came up this fall.
 Kayla, has an advantage.  We have lots of hiding places in my house.  She has a small ranch house that she rents, so I don't have the "in plain" sight advantage.
 So maybe, I hide them in and around things at her house.  This past visit, she brought back the stash.
 I found chickens all over my hours, when she left.  This chicken war makes me smile.  It lets me know that Kayla has been there.  Even though I miss her being in our presence more, I have these little bits of ornery girl.
I have some of the collection until our next battle of the chicken war.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, now I know who to give some of my chickens to. I was going to give them to Goodwill but I think they need you instead! You can regift them Kayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post made me laugh out loud. I could just picture Kayla sneakily hiding the chickens around the house. I'm so glad your blog is back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Dakota's fiancé kind of looks like you and Kayla, well in your header picture she does, at least.

    ReplyDelete