Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Crawford Home Ofiice during Covid

I haven't said much about this virus pandemic we are experiencing.  I'm not gonna lie, I thought it might go away a little faster than it has.  I kinda miss my normal routine.  However, that being said, I can adapt, I can do hard things, and cope with the cards that are dealt in my professional world.

This is my home office, I alternate between the dining table and couch.  If it is a cold, rainy nasty day, I usually chose the couch.  If it is a beautiful day, I usually chose the dining table so I can soak up some rays.  Once, we get some consistent warmth and less wind, maybe I can move to the patio outback.


I think the hardest thing for me is missing the students.  Every Monday when we go into the building to get food ready for them for the week, the halls are so quiet.  There is no one to tell, 'Use your walking feet.'  There aren't any older students jumping up to touch the exit signs, showing their new found vertical jump is improving.


We have been forced into online distance learning, zoom meeting, google classroom soon to be experts.  Our desks contents of what we might need is in a copy paper box, waiting to be useful.
It makes me think of the Sword and the Stone, Disney movie when Merlin gave Madame Mim the virus so he could win the wizards dual.  I hope our students feel the love and energy the teachers are tying to create for them.  I hope the parents aren't too overwhelmed with life and the addition of helping their students/children learn.  I hope that life goes back to normal soon.  I hope our scientist find a cure.  I hope that my friends in the medical field stay safe.  I hope that my family stays safe.  Because that feels like all I can do is hope, pray and keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

  1. We may start doing elective surgery soon but no pay raises, no matching funds to our pension, cut hours, job losses...I'm over it.

    ReplyDelete