Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, July 7, 2014

A little Bit Older

I turned 39 on Saturday.  The age some people stay for the rest of their lives.  I'm not sure that is my style, but I'll wait to see next July fourth and decide.
My visiting teacher came last week to deliver me some Americana goodies, I got a hand towel, candle, a cup and some delicious blueberry bread, that was my breakfast, for several days.  Thank you Sandy!

I bought myself an ice cream maker.  I have made two batches, both have been excellent, but a bit soft when done.  Hopefully Yaya will tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

We took these ladies for a romp at Beyers Woods Park.  They can retrieve a frisbee from the pond now and love every minute of it.  They are big dogs now, who still have Puppy Power.  When they come out of their crates they want to run you over and jump like crazy, but in about  ten minutes they are actually fun to be around.  They are protective and cuddly and really make me smile.  It was a good birthday weekend.
The lumber finally came from Home Depot and Kyle got a great start on the porch, I no longer have to walk the planks on the front porch, I believe that is my favorite present.  I love getting home improvements done.

3 comments:

  1. I think homemade ice cream is supposed to be soft when it is done churning. Then you can put it in your freezer to firm up. Can't wait to see the new porch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love my icecream maker and it's always soft when done but like Vicki said...just put it in the freezer for a couple of hours..good to go! (although I like it straight from the maker!) Glad the house projects are coming along and next year you can really celebrate with some fireworks to ring in the 40th! We're dogless now since Eddy and Jordan moved.

    ReplyDelete