Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Camp Legume and Topsail Beach NC

I had the opportunity to spend four days with my Mom in NC visiting my step Nephew Josh, who is a
Marine.
We visited the beach by day and Josh and his buddy Mason by night.It is amazing the things you learn while sitting in a chair looking at an ocean.


I got to get past some childhood hurts of divorce when being able to understand from an adult perspective.  Hurt and grudges being dropped with the constant lapping of the waves washing them away.

 

I got to hear stories of a Grandmother I only knew as a child and did know her as an adult.
 

I got grips on the fact I'm teaching again this year.  I was so disappointed I didn't land a principal position and wondered what was wrong with me that I didn't get it.  I found out yesterday when I received a calling at church to be a Ward Missionary that I would not have had  time for it if I was principal.
 

I got to see a sea turtle protected area on base a Camp Legume.  It is interesting being on a base.  It is incredibly huge.  Really it is it's own city.
 



It was an incredible adventure and soul healing time this summer.  It was awesome.
 

 


Thanks Mom for taking me too.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun getaway with your mom. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This read like it was truly from your heart. What an awesome week I'm sure it must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very moving post Stacy...I hope you have a great rest of this week. Love the ocean shots...I could sit on a beach and listen to the waves forever. I'm happy for your new calling, but I know you'll get that special job when the time is truly right....you have the faith to wait.

    ReplyDelete