Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 in Closing

 Christmas morning looks the same over the years.  All of us gathering for the unveiling of the presents.  Wondering if Dad's impossible trivia is anything what they thought in their heads.  The expressions of "Oh, now I get it." is fun to hear.
 This year we were happy to have all of us together.  We had a few surprises up our sleeve...
 Like, plane tickets to Minnesota for this guy.  We hope he figures out his future plans, somewhere up there among the snow, ice fishing, and hunting with uncles to clear the head...not sure what that will be, but we hope it makes him happy.
 Oh, yeah, new tablet and wireless printer to help kick off a new business...any one need their dog trained???
 These guys stopped by to call home to their families.  And get a couple of presents from the ward too.
 This year mom and dad combined their Christmas dinners.  We all met at mom's house.  It was nice not to have the extra stop.



 We sure enjoyed time together with parents, step-parents, aunts/uncles and lots of cousins...
Lastly, we got visited by Kyle's sister Kelly and her family.  I thought Kayla reminded me of Kelly with her bangs being cut.  But once you get them in the picture together it seems that maybe I was mistaken...what do you think?

So, lots of ups and downs in this year.  Son on a mission, Son not on a mission.  Girl to dog training school, new school building, old school building is gone, just a memory.  Grandpa passed away.  New patio and roof on the house.  So many memories, just lumped together for 2015.  Am I more like Christ after this year...maybe.  I have seemed to be learning patience.  I am not as resistant as I once was, but still have a ways to go.  The realization I'm facing today is God's will is much more powerful than mine.  I hope to be able to take what I've learned and build upon it.

All in all, life is good here in the Crawford Clan.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very nice Christmas. Was that a one-way ticket, or just a vacation trip for Kota? I think Kayla does look like her aunt, right through the nose and mouth.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your crew a blessed New Year! May all your dreams and plans happen in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear how Yall are blessing others in need. I know you will be blessed in return. Fun idea to give the kids gifts to start their own future Christmas celebrations. But be sure they will always renember and probably carry on with the traditions they grew up with all these years. They may grow up, but they always finally realize times at mom and da's were the best. Awesome how Kayla is starting her own business. Wishing her the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to be with the family on Christmas. Hope 2016 is everything you could hope for!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look of your blog! I'm glad you're going to be blogging more too...so I think I'll probably continue for this new year anyway! Good luck to Kota...I'm sure it will work out as it should. Yes, I do have somebody who needs dog training. Summer has a new pup and she's having a hard time. He's 2yrs. old and he's a maltese/yorkie mix. I'll call her and perhaps we can get her going with Kayla. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete