Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pay It Forward

I got horn-swaggled by my friend yaya at Whispering Pines to do 5 good deeds.  The idea is that the first 5 people who comment will do five good deeds to keep paying it forward.  Once those good deeds are done and reported back in then I will send something to the 5 who comment in.

Okay Yaya, I hope this meets your criteria.  If not, I'll keep trying.

1.  Ran a couple of errands for Grandma Beninghof
2.  Visited 3 widows (does this count as 1 or 3) :)
3.  Did my visiting teaching, I wrote 5 letters today.
4.  I got food orders ready for the needy
5.  Helping people get their food storage in by delivering their orders to them

I think the best part of service is how it makes all the cares I had about myself, melt away.  I love helping other people.  I think that is why I chose the job I did.  I have been raised that way, my family always helped other people when they needed it.  My grandpa Steigerwalt was big on the golden rule.  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Whenever we were being selfish as children mom would remind us of Grandpa's saying and we would always do better.  Even though Grandpa borrowed the saying from the Savior, he always taught by example.

Thanks Yaya for the challenge.  I like getting to do these things.  Until I make a list it is not always thought of how many ways I get to serve.

Now, I hope I will get 5 takers, I know there are a lot more of you that look at my blog than those of you the leave comments, maybe you will join in on the pay it forward theme!

1 comment:

  1. I'm commenting but since I gave the challenge, I'm not in the running here..but I will have a nice surprise for you for doing this! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete