Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Family Festivities Finale

 We started our day early this mornin'.  Up at 6 am to enjoy gift giving before church at 9 am.  Our kids had hides to sit on instead of the floor (not sure why), so the cat thought he'd need to join in too.

 Kayla thought she'd get Kyle an Elmer Fudd hat, and he loved it.

 The kids enjoyed their gifts and got themselves ready to enjoy our Christmas service today at church. 
 We came home and had dinner with my Mom and step-dad Tom.  We had a great ham dinner, then moved to the tv room to enjoy one of Kayla's new gifts.  She got Just Dance 3 for the Wii.  Grandpa and Grandma weren't too chicken to give it a try!
It was a beautiful snowless day here.  We have a lot of happy memories for today.  Tomorrow the kids are ready to test out their new gifts.  I'll finally get some stray trees cut down!  (Yeah!)

4 comments:

  1. I love the chain saw...I have a few trees that he's welcome to come and saw down..now that gun thing that Kayla is packing...that makes me nervous! Everyone sounded great this morning. You and Kayla did a beautiful duet...thanks so much for sharing your talents with us today. It made the service really special! Merry Christmas! Did you get my ecard? P.S...Jack has a hat sort of like that only it's furry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts but I think I like the Elmer Fudd hat the best!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a merry Christmas was the order of the day! Have a wonderful week, enjoying your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was going to be a logistical nightmare, but as it turned out I LOVED having Christmas on a Sunday. Our beautiful program added so much to the feeling of the day.

    =)

    ReplyDelete