Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Donations Please


For the past several years the ladies of my church have collected school supplies for the students of my class that are not able to purchase their own.   I have really appreciated this service.  This year is not unlike the last few and I brought in my bounty of supplies to share with the kids.

In the spur of the moment decision I divide the pile of goodies into four.  Give some of the supplies to each of the new members of our 6th grade team.  The reaction from those teachers was so great that when thinking about it later it brought tears to my eyes.

How can a small pile of school supplies mean so much to a bunch of people?  I have always appreciated those supplies and have been thankful to not have to spend much of my personal money to help kids have needed supplies.  As I looked at those supplies with the gleeful enthusiasm of my colleagues I was glad I listened to that quick thought of dividing the supplies and sharing the smiles with my friends.

Serving the community has always been a big part of Relief Society and the blessings seem so much richer this year.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! And I love the sharing, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you listen to that quiet voice and a miracle happens? Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb beat me to it . . . I agree. Why is it we don't always listen to that quiet voice? So glad you did! Have a wonderful year, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete