Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude: My Side

Every year we get invited to my little brother's house.  They deep fry a turkey and it is so good!  
 My grandma always made a potato salad with poppy seeds.  Dad has taken over that staple.  Funny the things that you love from family dinners.
 My nephew Carter was cracking me up.  He was playing Super Mario Brothers on the Wii with this grandpa and sister.  Every time the controller wouldn't do what he wanted or he couldn't keep up he would throw a fit.  Tears, screaming and failing not so much fun for mom and dad, but hilarious to me.  I'm not sure why, it just was.
Oh to be able to throw a fit when things don't go your way.  It is good to be five.  I hope that he will get the hang of it to where he will be happy.  I am grateful for my extended family.  I love them all.

4 comments:

  1. I always hear about those deep fried turkeys. Never tasted one, but I'd like to!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've fried a few turkeys and have the frier in the garage not being used anymore. They are really good but I think I would like them more if someone else did the messy job! Erma Bombeck said it best: "Family..the ties that bind and gag!" Have a great Thanksgiving. I know I'm thankful to have you as a friend! (or Church daughter!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had a deep fried turkey last yr...it was very moist inside.
    oh yes, to be able to throw a fit in peace....would kind of relieve some stress I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a really fun day for sure. Mike's turkeys are teh best! Research supports that deep fry turkeys have no more calories than traditional roasted. So, enjoy!!! They cook so much faster and are oh so delicious!

    ReplyDelete