Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Surrey with a Fringe on Top

 Hillsdale High School put on the production, "Oklahoma" Friday and Saturday.  Kayla joined the chorus and enjoyed being part of a production.  I have never seen Oklahoma before and love it.  It was so much fun watching the kids sing and perform.
 My favorite character was the Peddler.  He was hilarious and did an amazing job at capturing the audience.
 The cowboys were entertaining and were fun to watch too.  The boy with the white hat did a flip and landed on the boy with the fringed vest's shoulders.  Great stage presences on these kids.  They did all of this with 6 weeks of practice.

The leads did a great job too.  Overall a fun evening.

Flashback: in high school we had a youth pastor in the church I grew up in we played Win, Lose or Draw, a lot.  Remember that game show.  Anyhow, the youth pastor was drawing and she was up at the chalkboard forever.  We could not figure out what she was drawing.  She finally had to tell us, "Surrey with a Fringe on Top."  Twenty some years later, I finally know what she was talking about.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at the talent of HS kids. I love OKLAHOMA! I've seen the movie a couple of times but not ever on stage. I'm glad Kayla was able to be part of the troupe..now she won't have to wonder what a "surrey" is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oklahoma is a great show. I can't even say the name of that state without singing it. :) Have to say that I love playing Win, Lose or Draw too. I'm glad that Kayla got to be in a musical at Hillsdale. Hopefully not the last. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in a play or musical is so much fun. We love watching them at our local high school. Their productions are pretty impressive!

    =)

    PS. I love Oklahoma, too.

    ReplyDelete