Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

2 Hour Delay Days, and Hope

I love 2 hour delay days at school.  We had one yesterday with all the snow.  My kids got a snow day, but we had to go in....which is fine by me.

I ride to school with Kyle because we work about a mile or so from each other.  The trade is I go to work at 6:45 in the morning and the kids normally come at 8:25.  On two hour delay days, I still go in at 6:45 because my hubby doesn't get delays and I get a lot of work done.

I love it.  Most people don't roll in until around 8:30-9:00 and I have time to think and move things around and get the not so important piles.  It is amazing the amount of paperwork there is to do.

But, I love it.
I am so looking forward to spring.  I have been feeling glimpses of it off and on over the past few days.  I was teaching the youth and we read a scripture that has been popping up in my mind.  2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. 

I have been feeling hopeful.  Like things are looking up, like we are pulling through the gray.  Even amidst some of the adversity in the family right now, we are on a new horizon.  Life is good.

It seems like we all are feeling the change, family life feels better, I've been trying to hold my temper and just letting go a bit.  It has helped my relationship with my son a lot. Maybe its because he hasn't been working for awhile and has no stress. He is the floater at work and hasn't been called in to help in three weeks.  Do you think he still has a job?  He told us he told his boss he was going to MN in June.  I think he might already be replace.  Silly kid didn't realize two weeks was enough notice.  I hope he can work a bit more to save some more money,  but I'm trusting the Lord right now that this is his will and everything will work out, maybe even better than what I can plan myself.  We sure have been getting a lot of quality family time, what amount a money is better than this?

3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that things are looking up. And that is one of my favorite scriptures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that daffodils are peeking their heads up in your life!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know everyone is ready to welcome Spring. It's been a dark, dismal Winter here. I'm happy Kota is less stressed and I'm sure he can find a job but remember it won't be long and he'll really be gone, so enjoy this together time.

    ReplyDelete