Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Three Day Weekend

We had a busy weekend.  Friday, Kyle, Dakota and I headed out to Columbus to go to the temple.  We have been trying to attend more before Dakota goes back on his mission.  Dakota decided on twice a month.
Saturday there was a game night at church.  We brought tailgate food and just enjoyed a night playing games and eating good food.
We all enjoyed some volleyball action.  I was so sore on Sunday.  It seems like forever since I played for real as a freshman in high school.
 Monday we didn't have to work since we  have government jobs.  So we packed up the family and headed to the Natural History Museum in Cleveland.  It was SO busy, all the museums were free to get into because it was Martin Luther King Jr. day.
 We slipped through crowds of people with strollers and small children to see some of the dinosaurs.
 I think my favorite was this large moose.  We breezed through the museum crowds in about an hour so we headed over to the art museum too, which was a short walk down the street.  I ran out of battery, but got one shot of a German chair used by monks.
Kyle set off an alarm by pointing at an exhibit, it was kind of funny.  We ended our weekend by eating a great lunch at the Mongolian Grill.

It was an action packed weekend where I soaked up being a mama to two children who still like hanging out with their parents.  I think that is one of my greatest gifts!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! I had a great time on Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been much fun on Saturday but I'm glad you had a good time! Great way to spend the day on Monday. I love museums. I miss the ones in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete