Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Exciting News!

We had a surprise assembly for our school Friday.  Late in the day assemblies on Fridays are always a welcome surprise.  The principal told us she wanted to recognize our students of the month in assembly.  So we hiked down to the gym and awaited the assembly and welcomed break from hittin' the books.

After the presentation of the awards our principal said her friends from Wal-mart made a $1000 donation to our school.  They divided that up into 10 $100 gift cards for the classrooms.  She did a drawing of the hat of teacher names.  As we all stood there with our fingers crossed, and clapped for the teachers as their names got called...I heard....Mrs. Crawford....

Whohoo!  My kids were jumping up and down for me as I walked my surprised self up to the front of the gym to collect my gift card and white rose they gave all the winners.

Payday and surprise all in one day...it was a fabulous Friday.  Now to decide how to spend the money.  The students want a party and a hamster.  I think we can come up with some great ideas.  All suggestions will be considered.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm sure you'll put it to good use...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Stacy, I know your class needs those funds and I know you'll come up with some good ideas. How fun and what a great way to end the week! I love the fall pics from the previous post. Your home is the best for Halloween with your resident ghosts...those stories are blog worthy! (I'll be waiting...boo!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! Couldn't happen to a more deserving teacher!!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Stacy! How exciting for you and your class! If you are able to get a pet, a hamster would be fun. I had a chinchilla for nine years (until he died) and he was the hit of the classroom. Now we aren't allowed to have furry pets due to allergies.

    So, we have a beta fish! Not very pet-able, but the kids still are enamored with him/her.

    Enjoy spending your well deserved bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay how exciting! Every teacher should get one of those...monthly. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Stacy...how fun for your class. You are an awesome teacher and deserved to win this with all you do for your classes with your own dollars. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete