Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Like Him: August Update

More Like Him

I think this month I was comforted more by the Savior, than I was like the Savior.  At the beginning of the month I was feeling the nest emptying more as Kayla turned 17 and was visiting trade colleges.  The middle of the month consumed me with back to school drama and issues, not to mention extreme humidity and heat.  I was more self-centered than service oriented.  I notice when that happens I start feeling sad.  Often in life it takes me a bit to figure this out and turn things around.

By the end of the month my focus has shifted to 119 6th graders.  Whew, we are full.  I see about 80% of the kids as some have different needs to others we try to serve all those needs.

A scripture I heard at my niece's wedding today made me think of the perfect love of the Savior and how I felt that all month.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7, "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity denvieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself aunseemly, bseeketh not her own, is not easily cprovoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in ainiquity, but rejoiceth in the btruth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."

The Savior is the perfect role model of Charity.  I am grateful that I have such an amazing example to follow as I learn my way through life.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the cooler temps next week bring some comfort..I enjoyed hearing your and Kyle's testimonies this morning. It was a good meeting. I find that I'm needing to get back into a service mode..I've been a slacker lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I want to be like Him (the Savior) so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think teachers have an inside track on being more like Christ.

    =)

    ReplyDelete