Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer of Adjustment

Ten weeks ago, I left my first child 1,000 miles away.  I miss him.  We talk to him weekly, text a few lines more often than that.  But the sound of his rickety truck coming down the alley doesn't come anymore.  Nor the stomping of his feet through the house, because Kota never did anything quietly.  It is a big adjustment letting him grow.
 
I applied for several administration jobs this summer.  Got a second round of interviews on one position, but contrary to what I thought was an affirmative prayer...I did not get the job.
 
We are experiencing a lot of adversity in the family right now.  Another car accident with a silly story and no injury.  But, another claim on the insurance.
Loss of hours at a teenage job right when she needs to pay a deductible.
School levy not being past repeatedly, is leaving her  senior schedule with a lot to be desired.
Kyle being overlooked for a promotion at work as well.
Falling down the stairs a few weeks back has literally left me getting adjustments on my tailbone.
 
So many adjustments I having a hard time knowing how to feel.
Seems like I feel all the emotions, but the one that sticks around the most is emptiness.
It is so quiet here.  I can't wait to get back to the routine of school work. 
I hope that breaks the cycle of adjustments.

3 comments:

  1. You have entered that transitional phase of life going from kids in the home to the kids leaving the nest. I hated it, but it does get better. It might take a year of two though since you've still got one at home. After that comes the time when you re-define who you are and what you want to do with the rest of your life. Pray a lot! You'll get through this. Good luck and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to make that adjustment. Be patient with yourself. And I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that wait to get back to work won't be too much longer. I hope you find some good, happy moments in the next week while you are waiting.

    ReplyDelete