Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Homemade Wheat Rolls


Whole Wheat Rolls

1 1/3 cups milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons honey or sugar
4 teaspoons butter
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

I put all these ingredient in my bread maker on dough cycle.  (2 lb loaf) When it is finished kneading the bread for me.  I divide the dough into 12 dough balls and let rise for the final time.  I bake at 350* for about 20-25 minutes.  I turn out of the pan and butter the tops and let cool.

I suppose you could hand do some of this or use your kitchen aid and the dough hook.

Other things I do to use some food storage is instead of milk use water and 3 tablespoons dry milk powder.
I grind my own wheat flour when I'm feeling ambitious.  (like tonight, my electric grinder is great!)

I'm taking these rolls tomorrow for work for our annual Thanksgiving staff feast.  It's always fun to break bread together.

5 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! My Mom always uses her bread maker for the kneading part and she has great luck with homemade bread. I could use my bread maker for that too...but it's in Mich...it moved from Ashland (my house) to Wooster..to Kentucky..to South Carolina..to Mich...can you guess who has it? I do get visitation. I finally gave them full custody though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killin' me here. And I don't have time to eat lunch because I'm not packed yet.

    Those look delectable!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! Thanks for the recipe Martha Stewart. :) We were just talking about you guys tonight. We were wondering if you have ever used your smoker for turkey? Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOTHING like good yeast rolls!!! Yum! Just the thought of the smell of them makes my mouth wter!!!!

    ReplyDelete