Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Move over Turkey its Santa Time!

After Thanksgiving was done...we started our Christmas traditions.  Everyday after Thanksgiving we go over to Grandma Beninghof's and cut down a Christmas tree.  This year was beautiful, 60 degrees! and sunny.  We trapsed all over the field to find the perfect tree.  I wanted a big one and we got it.  We had to trim 6 inches off the top to get the angel to sit on top.

We decorated and strung light, listened to David Archuleta Christmas (thanks to Kayla) and enjoyed every minute.  We braved one Black Friday event and went to Wal-mart at midnight to pick up a new digital camera.  We have been wanting a new camera and have been price matching and comparing for the last six months.  We have been talking to the photo department people and getting opinions.  Instead of going the top end, they talked us into a middle of the road camera.  It has almost the same amount a zoom as the high dollar lens.  Not the same, but I'm not a professional either, so I went for the money saver.

Kyle, (the kid that he is) has been playing with the camera most and took the above picture.  If you know anything about zoom the camera only has optical zoom for more of a crisp picture.  (The novice that I am just learned the difference.)  The plan is to save money by doing our own senior pictures with Kota this next year.  We shall see..

I am proud of myself for not allowing work to take over on my break.  I gave a few extra hours before break got started and didn't pick up a single paper to grade or work on a new plan.  I enjoyed being mom and wife, uninterrupted for awhile.  It was just what I needed. 

Basketball games start up Friday night.  We get to go see Kayla cheer, and watch the boys defend their WCAL champ title.  I hope they have a fun season.

4 comments:

  1. We just put our tree up tonight, but we won't decorate till the weekend. Right now, I'm busy packing up all the Thanksgiving decorations, and I have a ton of 'em.

    Then we will be in full Christmas attire by Sunday night!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see pictures from your tree hunts soon in a traditions video. And nice shot Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done a ton of decorating yet. Hopefully it will be done by this weekend. Kyle is doing a good job with the camera. All it takes is practice! We don't do the fresh tree anymore since Cameron has so many allergies...it's funny because we have all those pines surrounding us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to take Thanksgiving off from school! I did a fairly good job of it, until the last day . . . then I was up too late. It's hard not to take the work home, I know it is for me, anyway.

    For the second year, we have no kids at home, so it's just us getting the tree and decorating. Both girls are expecting the decorations to be up when they arrive on the 18th!

    I've been putting out a few things, but most is in the attic and I need help getting it down. Hopefully this weekend with be the time!

    Enjoy the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete