Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Preparing for Vacation

We are leaving Saturday to go on a two week vacation. We are spending most of the first week in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan. We love that area. I'll be posting my images as we go. We've borrowed a camper from our friends and I was getting it ready to load when I found these little guys. I'm glad I found them now! A friendly little mouse nest inside the puzzles that were behind the table. My animal lover-daughter thought they would be great pets. We of course did not agree.
I'm working on finally spring cleaning my house before we go. I thought I've procrasinated it long enough. I did not want to do that my first week off from school, so now is a good time to get going. Here are my freshly mopped rooms. I love the smell of pine sol; especially the sparkling wave scent!

This has been a favorite summer treat for Kyle and I. Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, sprinkled with balamic vinegar. It is so refreshing to eat. We have a couple of people in town who sell fresh produce right from their yards. Kyle's friend Joe started doing it this year. So staying loyal to the friends we do business with him. I'm going up today to buy gigantic Indiana Melons which are my other favorite summer time refreshment. In the heat they really do beat chocolate.....well almost!

1 comment:

  1. I love getting ready for a trip..hate the unpacking when I get home! Those tomatoes look very yummy...the mouse does not. Now I know where I should head for some fresh produce! The farmer's market is Sat in Ashland. I hope they have some fresh tomatoes, ours won't be ready for a bit yet.

    ReplyDelete