Even though the kids were done with school on Friday, I had to go to work a couple more days. Monday I got the classroom all packed up and ready to be cleaned, polished, and touch up painted. Tuesday our Builing Leadership Team met in the am to finalize the year and make discission on how the Title one positions would look in the building. I have to go back in next week for the District Leadership Team meeting and to help with interviews on hiring a new special education teacher. I also signed up to teach summer school. So, techincially, I'm not all done.
Oh well, I wanted to earn some money over summer anyhow to help reduce the student loan debit. Today was my first day not to have to worry about school. So what did I do with myself?
1. I slept in. Until my husband called and woke me up, but I'm glad he called or I would have slept to late.
2. I read the rest of a book I was reading. "Eve" by Iris Johansen. Awesome, can't wait for "Quinn" in July.
3. I tidied the house (downstairs)
4. I got the laundry caught up
5. started an Adkins diet (wish me luck)
It seems like life is transitioning this summer. My kids are very independent. Dakota just landed a job as a counselor-in-training at Camp Nuhop, the place where my 6th graders go for outdoor school. He is helping a co-worker on redoing his roof. He is mowing lawns for people. He is keeping way busy. I'm glad he is starting to learn how to work. It also makes me a bit sad to see him getting ready to leave home.