Welcome to the mayhem

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Need to get a Bigger Plate


It seems like often in my life things come in waves. I will be plugging away thinking that life is running smooth and then I run into the proveribial brick wall. I thought I was doing okay balancing all the things required of me and then somehow one thing comes out of balance to let me know I am not keeping everything in check.
It seems this week like work is screaming in my ear that I need to give it more attention. I stayed late last night to get caught up, but my phone rang off the hook for the first hour I was there after students, then a colleague plopped down in my room to talk for 25 minutes. I have to be out of the building 4 of the next 6 work days for professional development and building leadership team meetings. Writing sub plans is not that easy, then catching up from not being there is not much fun either.
Church life is quite busy now too. But I've learned to let the sisters help me. When I do the most amazing things get accomplished, even better than if I just did them myself. For the control freak in me, this is a good lesson learned. It's okay to let people help you. I would encourage you to try it if you haven't.
My children have very busy schedules too. Kayla has three games to cheer at this week, practice two nights, youth activities and throw in a FCCLA activity too. Dakota has practice five days this week, some starting at 8 pm in Ashland (10 miles away). My husband is on call and has been gone a lot this week.
I just decided that my plate was too full, so instead of complaining about it, I just got a bigger plate and now, I have room to wiggle!

2 comments:

  1. So you're trading your plate for a platter?? I was hoping to trade my dinner plate for a salad plate. Guess not! Hang in there, this too will pass. You know how they say when your kids are grown you miss all that activity? It's a lie...I miss the kids..but not the running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you are busy and have so many thing to juggle! Feeling like things are caving in isn't fun...hang in there and take a deep breath!

    ReplyDelete